Extending your D-2 Visa

Did you have a great time studying with us at HUFS? Want to stay longer? Here’s how you can do that!

First, please consult with your exchange program coordinator or your Department Head, who is in charge of the exchange program at your home university.

Ask whether they will allow you to stay longer or not.

Second, if they give you approval to stay, ask them to contact us directly by email.

Once we discuss it with them, we’ll let you/them know our decision.

Please keep in mind that all requests should be approved by both parties (HUFS and your home university) and depend upon many things (ex. official MOU exchange agreement, balance of the
number of students, etc.)

If you are approved to stay, then come to the Office of International Student Services (OISS) to fill out the application for extension of stay by May 8 (for ISS and/or Fall Semester) and
November 8 (for Spring Semester).

The dormitory office will need to know in advance if you are planning to live in Globee Dorm again.

After you make an application with us for the extension of your stay, you will also need to fill out an Immigration form for your actual visa extension.

***Please note that your current visa expires on the date listed on the back of your Korean Alien Registration ID card.

**** If you apply after the expiration date listed, you will pay a  VERY high penalty 
(1 day – 1 week late = KRW 100,000) to the Korean Immigration Office, so please apply in advance!!!

You may apply for a visa extension 1  1/2 – 2 months before that expiration date, but not before.

You will need to prepare the following documents and submit them to OISS:

– Application for extension of stay (form avaialble in OISS)
   – Passport
   – Alien registration card
   – Fee : KRW 30,000
   – Certificate of current enrollment (재학증명)- available in OISS
   – Official Transcript (성적증명)- available in OISS
   – Receipt of tuition payment (등록금납입증명)- if applicable
   – Certificate of bank balance in your Korean bank account with at least KRW 3,000,000 
(예금잔고증명)- bring your bank book showing this balance and we will make a copy of it
   – In the event that regular academic study time is exceeded, the material that proves such fact (ex. recommendation letter by advisor)

  1. No comments yet.
  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: