Obtain a D-2 Visa

All international students residing in foreign countries that have been accepted to study at Hankuk University of Foreign Studies for longer that 90 days will need a D-2 student visa from their closest embassy or consulate of the Republic of Korea. As you are not allowed to change your visa status from ‘Tourist Visa’ to ‘Study Visa’ once inside Korea, you need to have a D-2 visa in your passport before arriving in Korea!!

Upon receipt of a student’s application documents, the HUFS Office of International Student Services will apply for the D-2 student visa on the student’s behalf. After the student’s visa application has been accepted, the HUFS OISS will update the student’s application portal with his or her individual Certificate of Confirmation of Visa Issuance number. Students should complete and sign their Confirmation of Visa Issuance and submit it, their passports, and tb test certificates (residents of designated countries only, see below) to their closest embassy or consulate of the Republic of Korea for their visas.

Required Documents to Submit to the Embassy of Consulate of the Republic of Korea:
– Passport
– Confirmation of Visa Issuance
Tuberculosis Test Certificate provided from a designated hospital* for those from the following countries: Bangladesh, Cambodia, China, East Timor, India, Indonesia, Kyrgzstan, Malaysia  Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Russia,  Sri Lanka, Thailand, Uzbekistan, Vietnam

*Please visit the website of your closest Korean embassy for a list of designated hospitals in your country

If you have submitted the items listed above, you will receive a D-2 visa in your passport. Take a look at the sample photo below:


  1. February 25, 2014 at 2:50 pm

    Please specify bank balance? how much do we need to have in our bank account?

  2. ugochukwu
    July 14, 2014 at 6:17 pm

    Good day sir. Please I would love to know if your school have undergradaute program run in English language. I’m in korea now studying korean language which will take me two years before going to my major.

  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: